Friday, August 3, 2012

LACONIA, or: Thinking Through Film

LACONIA: 1,200 Tweets on Film (cover) / CINEMA sign in Cluj

I'm a gusher, which makes it difficult for me to sit down and write a coherent, cohesive text about the things I love or to even present at length the reasons for which I love that certain book, film, etc. I suppose that's perfectly evident from my latest text for Projectorhead. (Many thanks to Anuj Malhotra.)

*

I have read LACONIA twice and could read it many times more as I know that with each read there will be smth new to enthuse over, a new connection to be made. Masha Tupitsyn's writing is so insightful and powerful and addictive. Yes, addictive. Thanks to her blog, her writing is now part of my daily reading. Also: I cannot wait for her next book. Meanwhile, I got Beauty Talk & Monsters, which is a collection of stories told through movies. I'll just have to finish a bunch of others books before I can give it my undivided attention.

*

"Thinking through film." I cannot imagine any other way of thinking. I don't know any other way of thinking. Part of why I love LACONIA so much is that it validates this thinking through film.

+ MT's twitter: @lifeasweshowit
+ MT's blog: Love Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment